I have had some requests regarding what books I have been reading lately. I made a goal of reading one hundred books (#100BookChallenge is the hashtag I have been using), this year. I am almost at a quarter of the year and I am a couple books behind, but I have a couple on the go as we speak.
Here is my completed list as of Monday, April 11, 2016
3. Sandcastle Kings: Meeting Jesus in a Spiritually Bankrupt World by Rich Wilkerson
6. In The Skin Of A Lion - Michael Ondaatje
7. H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle. - Brad Lomenick
This is one of the best leadership books I have read for ministry leaders. We have introduced it into our summer staff reading list as a result of its practical suggestions to implement the leadership principles it covers. (Blog Post: Maintaining Faith Habits)
8. Win Every Week: How to Help Every Parent and Every Small Group Leader Win Every Week (You Lead Series Book 1) by Reggie Joiner
9. Not Normal: Seven Quirks of Incredible Volunteers by Sue Miller, Adam Duckworth
(Blog Post: Serving Out Of Stress.)
10. Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow by Carey Nieuwhof
11. The Great Divorce - C.S. Lewis
12. Tribes: We Need You To Lead Us - Seth Godin
13. Design Your Day: Be More Productive, Set Better Goals, and Live Life On Purpose by Claire Diaz-Ortiz
14. Moment Maker: You Can Live Your Life or It Will Live You by Carlos Whittaker
15. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
(Blog Post: Creativity, What's That?)
16. Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal by Nick Bilton
17. LEADING NOT NORMAL VOLUNTEERS: A NOT NORMAL GUIDE FOR LEADING YOUR INCREDIBLE, QUIRKY TEAM by Sue Miller and Adam Duckworth
This is a companion book to number 9 on this list. It is well worth the read and I would recommend ministry leaders to read this and then work through the volunteer version as a team.
18. The Book of Matthew - The Bible
19. How to Be Here: A Guide to Creating a Life Worth Living - Rob Bell
20. Courageous Leadership: Field-Tested Strategy for the 360° Leader - Bill Hybels
21. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
22. Lead Small by Reggie Joiner and Tom Shefchunas
23. Creating a Lead Small Culture: Make Your Church a Place Where Kids Belong
By Reggie Joiner, Kristen Ivy, Elle Campbell
(Blog Post: Someone & Somewhere)
24. Glorious Ruin: How Suffering Sets You Free by Tullian Tchividjian
25. media.faith.culture by Brett Ullman
What are you reading?
What books would you recommend I read in the next few months?
I would love to hear what books have changed your leadership style, or have just made your life better for reading them. Leave me a note below, or send me a tweet.